Why Use Local Businesses
When deciding where to go to invest in a bathroom remodel, exterior paint job, or new kitchen cabinets, consider the benefits of turning to local, independently owned businesses in your neighborhood.
There are huge advantages deciding to “shop local.” By supporting local businesses, you are in turn supporting your local economy because more money stays in a community. The U.S. Small Business Association and the U.S. Department of Labor report the positive impacts of small, independent business on local economies. Local businesses are more likely to utilize other local businesses such as banks and service providers.
For every $100 you spend at local businesses, $68 will stay in the community.
In addition to helping build the local economy, there are also other advantages that come from supporting businesses in your neighborhood.
• Local businesses are owned and operated by your neighbors! They care about, and are invested in the well-being of your community.
• Local businesses donate and sponsor to their community sports, non-profits and schools.
• Supporting local businesses is good for the environment because they often have a smaller carbon footprint than larger companies.
• Locally owned businesses create more jobs locally and, in some areas, provide better wages and benefits than chains do.
• Local businesses take pride in the service they provide to their neighbors, creating a higher quality than larger companies.
So, the next time you are considering a home renovation project, painting your bedroom, or simply going out to dinner, shop local! You could discover some great products and services while helping to build a strong and successful community around you.